Monday, March 3, 2008

let's recap..

now that i've re-entered blogosphere, i feel that i have plenty of things to brain-storm with myself.. not so much to catch up on lost times, but more to recapture on what has transpired during my non-blogging months and to determine whether i'm still on the right track..

the past non-blogging 5 months have seen me going back to my trusted, proven and conventional notebook.. no, not my sony vaio, but the one involving pens and papers, scribblings and doodlings, and sitting alone at some quiet corners of cosy cafes.. yeah its true, i needed a respite from my web hijackers!! i needed to be less naked to the whole web world. i needed to protect and shield myself from unsavoury attentions. i needed to learn more about online identities, frauds and the likes..

so am i smarter now to re-blog...?? not really, but maybe less fearful of unwanted net-attention. therefore on that positive note, let's recap my earlier net-goals 5 months ago..

my main goals were to sell my keceramics 40-items, kualalumpur giftpacks and bulky factory stocks direct from my existing http://www.keceramics.com/ website and also through ebay.com and lelong.com.my. looked like very simple goals when i wrote them down then, but when it came to the crunch of implementing them one by one, my eagerness was dampened by complicated system-integrations between my existing website and 2checkout counter, of which my web-designer couldn't handle. i was instead adviced to create another e-shopping website totally separated from my existing keceramics.com. mmm...

initial listing attempts for selling on ebay was taking me hours to configure and complete, and considering that it took me ages to list only one item, a glance through my remaining 40++ yet-to-be listed items and realising the fact that i needed to accumulate enough positive feedbacks from ebayers before i could be allowed to open up an ebay store, sapped up my energy and enthusiasm even further. yeah, yeah, yeah, i was very impatient about ebay in 2004, and again in 2007!! mmm...

selling direct from keceramics.com was out, selling via ebay was pushed to k.i.v. tray yet again, selling only via lelong.com.my was too localised... how else should i pursue online selling of my products then??? mmm...

streamline and simplify things, rosmah.. don't look at your many products for now.. just focus on a few.. let's just concentrate on kualalumpur-gifts.com!! flat-packed, easy to post, minimal courier charges and hassles!! wow, that was easy to decide.. and in line with our current production focus some more.. ;)

so that's what i've been working on in my non-blogging world. a new website selling only tile giftpacks to complement and promote my current focus on tile productions at http://www.handmadeceramictiles.com/ . the new website is not ready yet, but soon...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This blog is related toLearn How to Sell on Ebay is that one can make lots of profits by working on ebay. I suggest that one must understand the basics of ebay online business. I recommend that one must understand ebay online business.