Friday, December 5, 2008

an ABBA fan since i was seventeen..


and 27 years later.. my 5yr old son is a fellow cult-member..!!!

i had been cooped up in my soho the past 5 days finishing off the remnants of my 2008 resolutions when i received a reminder call to attend this ebay-business tutorial seminar that i had registered a week earlier..

i've always been soho-based in my business-operations, but 5 days working from home without going anywhere even to do gardening or grocery-shopping had made my son very attached to his mum, so upon seeing me dressing up to go out to attend the seminar, ikmal started to sulk, cry and bawl..

that was until his father my darling husband suggested that he should watch some of the newly-bought pirated cds that he brought home the night before, which included 'mamamia the movie'..!! and immediately ikmal's eyes brightened up and almost as immediately he stopped crying, then settled down on the sofa with his barney whilst sucking his thumb..

yes, with mamamia the movie featuring all the ABBA's songs that he'd been listening very often throughout his young life, this mama could now go to work in peace and with full consent coz 'ikmal nak tengok cerita ikmal'...

enjoy one of my many ABBA's all-time favourites, DANCING QUEEN.. which ikmal insists, is HIS song..!! one of these days instead of my fellow dancers, eh girlfriends taking me karaoke-ing, eh kroaking.. i foresee ikmal accompanying his mama instead.. ;)


friday night and the lights are low
looking out for a place to go
where they play the right music
get into the swing
you've come to look for a king..


anybody could be that guy
night is young and the music's high
with a bit of the right music
everything is fine
you're in the mood for a dance..


and when you get the chance
you are the dancing queen
young and sweet only seventeen
dancing queen
feel the beat from the tamborine oh yeah..


you can dance you can jive
having the time of your life
ooo see that girl watch that scene
dig in the dancing queen..


you're a teaser and you turn them on
leave them burning and then you're gone
looking out for another
anyone will do
you're in the mood for a dance..


and when you get the chance
you are the dancing queen
young and sweet only seventeen
dancing queen
feel the beat from the tamborine oh yeah..


you can dance you can jive
having the time of your life
ooo see that girl watch that scene
dig in the dancing queen
dig in the dancing queen..


you can dance you can jive
having the time of our life
ooo see that girl watch that scene
dig in the dancing queen..




(wishing now i have an audio-something installed here in my blog..)


4 comments:

Kak Teh said...

CD, am I an ABBA fan? I watched Mamamia the musical three times! I have yet to see the movie. My husband is not quite a fan. Tesco is offering the DVD for £7 i think. This will be good over the Christmas holidays.
Your son has good taste!

The Ceramic Designer said...

eh kak teh? its now 2pm in malaysia, what time is it in london? tak tido ke..??

yeah my 5yr old son listens and enjoys easy listening songs of my time ie late 70's and whole of 80's coz my favourite radio-station litefm 105.7 is turned on all day..

we argue whether THAT song is MINE or HIS.. etc.. very cute.. ;)

The Ceramic Designer said...

have watched the movie 2x, will watch the play this 1st jan at istana budaya with fellow female-adult cult-members.. ;)

the songs, the group.. they're timeles.. wow.. they've been there at each and every stage of my life.. mmm..

Kak Teh said...

well, i slept early and didnt do isya - so woke up early before i totally missed it. Then of course I continued with some work and after subuh slept again and just woke up.

That is so cute fighting over the song. Ya, they are so timeless. I truly enjoyed the musical - everytime.